Sanctuary B’nai Mitzvah Service
You can expect the following in a service in the TRS Sanctuary:
- Service times remain the same as stated previously: 10:15 am for the “A” student and 11:45 for the “B” student.
- Only the immediate household will be able to participate in person. All others can participate via zoom or watch live on our streaming website.
- Face masks are required in the building at all times, though your family may take them off during the actual service.
- All ritual objects and synagogue spaces that have been occupied will be cleaned between services.
- Each service will be led by a Rabbi and a Cantor, with piano accompaniment.
- The staff at the synagogue will include a videographer, who will operate the streaming, and our Director of Security, along with a member of our maintenance staff.
- For services that also include Zoom, we will provide a video operator to manage the Zoom call.
- You will have a choice of what type of streaming platform you’d like to use when you fill out the form at the link below.
- There will be a rehearsal on zoom two weeks prior to the service, and a final rehearsal in the Sanctuary the week of the service. Zoom links will be sent to you.
Friday Night Participation
At this time, our students are not participating in our Friday night virtual services, however, we will show their picture and announce them on Friday night.
- Generally, the Cantor assigned to your service will lead the first rehearsal via Zoom about 2 weeks before the service.
- Generally, the Rabbi assigned to your service will lead the final rehearsal in the Sanctuary the week of the service.
Decisions that YOU have to make:
- Aliyah Honors and Grandparent Information
- Please use the on-line form below to tell us about who will be doing the Aliyah honors at your service, and if there are grandparents.
- Pages to Print prior to your first Rehearsal
Decision Time: please complete AFTER reading the above bullet points:
CLICK HERE to go to an on-line form to let us know the answers to all the above questions. This form needs to be completed at least 1 month before your service date.