Virtual B’nai Mitzvah
At this time, our Covid-19 Advisory Committee, along with our clergy and staff, have not changed the guidelines for moving forward with B’nai Mitzvah ceremonies that we alerted you to recently.
If you choose to have a service in the Sanctuary at Temple, the following guidelines are in place:
- Only the immediate household will be able to participate in person. All others can participate via zoom or watch live on our streaming website.
- There will not be doubles for the time being, which means if your child is the “A” student, your service will begin in the sanctuary at 10:15 am, and if your child is the “B” student, your service will begin at 11:45 am. The service will last approximately 1 hour.
- Face masks are required in the building at all times, though your family may take them off during the actual service.
- All ritual objects and synagogue spaces that have been occupied will be cleaned between services.
- Each service will be led by a Rabbi and Cantor, and have piano accompaniment.
- The staff at the synagogue will include a videographer, who will operate the streaming and our Director of Security, along with a member of our maintenance staff.
- For services that also include Zoom, we will provide a video operator to manage the Zoom call.
- There will be a rehearsal on zoom two weeks prior to the service, and a final rehearsal in the sanctuary the week of the service. Zoom links will be sent to you.
If you choose to have an at-home service, you can expect the following:
- Service times remain the same as above: 10:15 am for the “A” student and 11:45 for the “B” student.
- You will have a choice of what type of streaming platform you’d like to use when you fill out the form at the link below.
- We have ritual objects that we can let you use for your at-home service. These items include a Torah, green screen, podium, music stand, microphone, prayerbooks, tallitot, etc. A full list is in the link below.
- There will be a rehearsal on zoom two weeks prior to the service, and a final rehearsal on zoom the week of the service. Zoom links will be sent to you.
Friday Night Participation: At this time, our students are not participating in our Friday night virtual services, however, we will show their picture and announce them on Friday night.
If you are having a service in the Sanctuary, CLICK HERE to be directed to the web page to complete all necessary information for us.
If you are having a service At Home, CLICK HERE to be directed to the web page to complete all necessary information for us.