What Your Child Leads at a Mincha Service
On the FRIDAY NIGHT of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah (Erev Shabbat), your child:
- Has the honor of sitting on the Bimah.
- Helps dress the Torah if it is read.
- Leads the Aleinu during the conclusion of the service.
- Leads the congregation in the chanting of the Kiddush on the Bimah.
Saturday Afternoon (Mincha) Service Bar/Bat Mitzvah (5:00 pm)
Student A (If single, student follows a combination of some of the A & B parts)
- Adonai S’fatai Tiftach (preparing for the T’filah), read or chanted
- Avot – Imahot (praises God for our ancestors), read or chanted
- Atah Echad (praises God for the Sabbath), read or chanted
- R’tzei (praises God for worship), read and then the last line chanted.
- G’vurot (praises God for giving all life), read or chanted
- Kad’sheinu (praises God for the Sabbath), read or chanted
- Modim (a prayer of thanksgiving to God), read and then the last line chanted.
- Torah blessings chanted
- Approximately 10-14 verses of Torah, read or chanted in 3 aliyot.
Personal Reflection Speech
Return to B’nai Mitzvah Parent Page