Help Guide – Stream Our Services
“Help Desk” is an unusual word to have associated with High Holy Days.
This year, as we move into 5781, Temple Rodef Shalom’s High Holy Day worship and experiences are virtual. We’ve created a virtual help desk to support your High Holy Day experience. While more information will come through successive e-mails, you can find our most updated information at www.templerodefshalom.org/hhd2020generalinfo/.
A compatible device is all you need to participate in our virtual experiences. iPads and similarly sized mobile devices can also access our programming. Apple TV, Roku, and other methods of accessing our streaming services will also work for most of our offerings.
We offer a range of learning options, guides, and walkthrough videos, in addition, to live support during select hours on Erev Rosh Hashanah, Rosh Hashanah, Erev Yom Kippur, and Yom Kippur below. Additional material will be posted throughout the week. Please check this page over the next week for more information.
Avoid the wait for live support by taking the following steps:
- In advance of Erev Rosh Hashanah, please take a moment to install any essential computer updates. Our virtual experience is maximized on laptops and desktops running at least Windows 10 or Mac Yosemite or later.
- View our help guides:
- If you are joining us for programs that are on Zoom, please update to the latest version of Zoom installed on your computer or preferred mobile device. https://zoom.us/download
- Join us for services at www.templerodefshalom.org/live and test your preferred streaming set-up.
- S’lichot is this weekend! We’re offering many Zoom options to learn with your community, join guided meditation, or learn some unique and creative ways to create a spiritual place at home.
- Contact us in advance – e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re having problems with videos at www.templerodefshalom.org/live or need assistance registering for an event on Zoom.
We will miss seeing you at the ticket desk and hope to “see” you at our Community Seder, Discussion Hours, or at one of our other opportunities to build a community around the year at Temple Rodef Shalom.
What platforms or devices is TRS creating tech support for?
- Windows or Mac Operating System
What do I need for tech support?
- You need a stable internet connection
- For Mac or iPad, you need your apple id and password
How do I get in touch for High Holy Day Tech Support?
During Tech Support Hours:
Please call us at 703-532-2217. Follow the prompts to be connected to a TRS staff member.
Tech support hours for Rosh HaShanah:
Erev Rosh Hashanah | 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Rosh Hashanah | 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tech support hours for Yom Kippur
What can I do before and in-between High Holy Day activities to reduce the chance of a tech issue?
- Install any critical software updates for your device
- Download and update Zoom on your device
- Join a TRS Live Stream and Zoom Events!
- Find the best spot in your house for fast wifi
- Consider ordering and testing a wired internet connection for your device
- Need more individualized support?
I think your site is down, what do I do?
- Go to www.templerodefshalom.org and check for any updates or messages
- Important messages about the status of our site will be posted on the homepage
- If this page doesn’t work, try going to another webpage, like google.com, bing.com, or duckduckgo.com.
- If those pages don’t work, verify you have a wifi signal or an internet connection on your device.
- Try restarting your device once you confirm you have an internet connection
- If you still canot access the internet, reset your router. Try these steps 1 – 4 again.
- If you complete these steps, call the HHD troubleshooting line.
- Continue to check your e-mail for more information in case you receive a message from Temple Rodef Shalom with more information.
The video is supposed to be live, but it doesn’t work, what do I do?
Depending on your internet connection, it can take a few minutes for the video to load.
Try refreshing the page. A play button should appear on the window. Click on that
My wifi is much slower than usual… what do I do now?
- If you have guests, ask them to disconnect their devices by turning Wifi off on their device.
- Try connecting your device through a wired internet connection
The video stream is stuttering, or the audio and video aren’t synced, what should I do?
- Follow the troubleshooting sets above for slow wifi.
- If streaming a service pause the service and wait a few minutes. The service may need additional time to buffer the video. Consider lowering your video quality settings.
Where can I get a digital copy of the prayerbook?
Copies of the appropriate Machzor, Service text, or prayerbook will be located near the streaming window for the service.
Click here to go directly to our prayerbook page.
For the best experience, please use a second device if viewing services on a smart-TV or through the Boxcast App on Apple-TV, Firestick, or Roku.
How do I turn on/off captions?
Captions are enabled for our High Holy Day Services. These auto-generated captions may be toggled on or off on our streaming site video player.
These streaming-only options exist for our live services. No support will be provided for these options:
Click a logo to open the instructions in a new window:
You can also click on these links to watch on YouTubeLive or FaceBookLive!