What: The largest regional North American Federation of Temple Youth (NFTY) event for teens in grades 8 through 12 in the Mid-Atlantic region. It is a fun weekend filled with social events, social action projects, teen lead services, color war style competitions, and other great activities — all planned and lead by teens. Over 300 teens will be participating! TRS members are needed to provide housing for these teens.
When: March 24 – 26, 2017
Where: at Temple Rodef Shalom!
TRS Teens — Teens in grades 8-12, register to attend this amazing weekend here. The deadline to register has been extended to March 7!
TRS Adults – We need you to host teens in your home. You do NOT need to have teenaged children of your own to be a host.
- A floor for 3 or more teens to sleep on (they will bring sleeping bags, pillows and towels). You can request to host boys or girls. (If you have teen children of both genders, one will have to stay somewhere else for the weekend.)
- Transportation between TRS and your home (Friday night, Saturday morning, afternoon, and night, Sunday morning. Evening pick up times will be around 10:30 pm. A detailed schedule and instructions will be provided closer to the event.)
- Breakfast and an early dinner on Saturday.
- If you have younger children, hosting is a great way to introduce them to cool Jewish role models and get them excited to participate in youth group.
- If you do not have children at home, hosting will fill your home with youthful joy for a weekend.
- Hosting is an easy way to support the future of Reform Judaism and hosting is fun.
We will need volunteers to help check in kids, set up meals, and shuttle teens between host homes and TRS throughout the weekend.
Questions? Email the Youth Committee at email@example.com or TRS Interim Director of Youth Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org